WTO Enquiry Point
The Government of the Slovak Republic has entrusted the Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic with the task of representing the Slovak Republic in the WTO, and ensuring the tasks arising from the WTO membership for the Slovak Republic.
Information exchange issuing from the WTO TBT Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade and the WTO SPS Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures
Transparency obligations stipulated by the above mentioned WTO Agreements were delegated to the WTO Enquiry Point functioning at the Slovak Office of Standards, Metrology and Testing (UNMS SR). Fulfilment of information exchange procedures was implemented into Slovak legislation by Act No 55/2018 on the provision of information on technical regulations and obstacles to the free movement of goods, as amended.
The WTO National Enquiry Point
- notifies the WTO Secretariat in Geneva of draft Slovak technical regulations or conformity assessment procedures or sanitary and phytosanitary measure that may have significant effect on the international trade of other WTO Members,
- publishes summaries of the TBT WTO notifications as well as the SPS WTO notifications submitted by other Members in the UNMS SR Official Journal in the Slovak language,
- upon request, provides Slovak entities with full texts or related information necessary for obtaining full texts of notified draft technical regulations of other WTO member states,
- answers all reasonable enquiries from other Members and interested parties in other Members, as well as provides the relevant documents,
- mediates the commenting procedure related to the notifications submitted.
Slovak Office of Standards, Metrology and Testing
Testing and European Affairs Department
WTO Enquiry Point
P. O. Box 76
810 05 Bratislava 15
E-mail address: email@example.com
More detailed information on the topic is available in Slovak language at the UNMS SR Website:
Európske záležitosti a medzinárodné vzťahy
Informačné stredisko WTO