Information Exchange Related to Technical Regulations in accordance with the World Trade Organization Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT WTO)
The goal stated by the Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade is to ensure that technical regulations, standards and conformity assessment procedures are not prepared, adopted or applied with a view or with the effect of creating unnecessary obstacles to trade.
Information exchange stipulated in Art.10 of the TBT WTO Agreement is provided by the WTO Enquiry Point established at SOSMT in accordance with the Act 264/1999 on technical requirements on products.
An important part of the enquiry point activities is to make relevant information available to all interested public and economic operators.
The WTO Enquiry point activities include:
• submitting to the WTO Secretariat in Geneva all notifications of drafts related to Slovak technical regulations and conformity assessment procedures which may have significant effect on trade of other members,
• dissemination of information and publishing reviews of notifications submitted by the WTO Members in the Bulletin of SOSMT,
• providing full texts of notified regulation upon request,
• acting as a mediator for the comments procedure,
• responding all reasonable enquiries of the WTO members
More detailed information available at:
Slovak Office Standards, metrology and Testing
WTO Enquiry Point
810 05 Bratislava
Telephone/Telefax: + 421 2 5249 3521