Statute of UNMS
Article 1 Basic provisions
1. Statute of Slovak Office of Standards, Metrology and Testing, due to the laws and other general binding legal rules defines clearly the competence and the roles of the Office, defines the principles of his activities and internal organization and its relations to the other central state administration bodies, to other authorities and institutions.
2. The roles, principles of administration and organization of the Office, specified in the Statute, are binding for the issue of Organizational Rules of the Office.
Article 2 Status
1. The Office is central state administration body for the domain of technical standardization, metrology, and quality and conformity assessment.
2. The Office is civil service office for the performance of civil service, public service and other labor relations for the Office’s employees.
3. The Office is budgetary organization, attached by its revenues and expenditures to the state budget of the Slovak Republic.
4. The Office is legal entity.
5. The Office seats in Bratislava.
Article 3 Main roles of the Office
1. The Office participates on creation and performance of State Policy in the area of technical standardization, metrology, and quality and conformity assessment.
2. The Office elaborates the State Policy concept in the area of technical standardization, metrology, quality and conformity assessment and ensures its compliance in co-operation with ministries and other state administration bodies
3. Within its competence, the Office drafts acts and Government Ordinances, and, on the basis of its authorization by the law, it issues other general binding legal regulations.
4. Within its competence, the Office performs state administration and state surveillance while fulfilling the tasks defined by Constitutional Acts, Acts and other general binding legal regulations and Government Ordinances ; takes care of legality compliance
5. The Office contracts international pacts and ensures their compliance.
6. The Office ensures the fulfillment of the tasks from the area of technical standardization, metrology, quality and conformity assessment followed from its membership in international organizations.
7. In the field of technical standardization, the Office:
o is responsible for functionality of the national system of standards
o Systematically leads and co-ordinates performance of technical standardization according to the State Policy in this field
o designates a legal entity to ensure the creation, adoption and publication of the Slovak technical standards (hereinafter only „designated legal entity“)
o chooses Slovak technical standards suitable for conformity assessment
o publishes notifications about Slovak technical standards, Slovak technical standards harmonized by a technical rule and notifications about Slovak technical standards suitable for conformity assessment
o participates on the process of harmonization of Slovak technical standards with European standards, in connection with legal rules with technical content, according to the requirements following from the integration process of the Slovak Republic to the European Union
o ensures participation on the activities of European and international standardization authorities, in cooperation with designated legal entity,
8. In the field of metrology, the Office:
o designates the types of measure instruments, determined to be controlled by an obligatory metrological test (hereinafter only „legally controlled measure instruments)
o defines technical and metrological requirements for each individual kind of legally controlled measure instrument, technique and methods of their control
o approves entrepreneurs and other legal entities for doing the legal control of measure instruments and official measurements; administrates the register of authorized persons
o makes a registration of entrepreneurs according to the Act on metrology and keeps a list of them
o coordinates activities in the area of metrology, methodically manages metrological organizations established by the Office and the activities of authorized and registered persons
o licenses for the exception from the duty of obligatory use of legally controlled measure instruments
o declares national etalons of measuring units and certificated reference materials
o publishes approved types of legally controlled measure instrument, authorization notices and notices of provisional permission to use other than legal measure units
o as an appeal authority, it adjudges against the decisions of Slovak Institute of Metrology and Slovak metrological Inspectorate
9. In the field of conformity assessment, the Office:
o ensures the performance of conformity assessment in extent of the law
o accords and suspends the authorization and regularly controls existence and compliance of the conditions listed in the decision of authorization according to the law
o methodically leads and controls activity of the authorized persons, authorized testing laboratories and certification institutions
o publishes the info about conferment and suspension of the authorization, including the content of the authorization
o keeps the register of identification codes of the authorized persons
10. In the field of quality, the Office:
o is responsible for the conception and development of National Quality Program and methodically manages and coordinates activities following from this program
o coordinates organization and realization of the competition National Quality Award
Article 4 Other tasks of the Office
1. While performing its tasks, the Office cooperates closely with ministries and other state administration central bodies with which it changes necessary info and materials and discuss the measures they relate them.
2. While performing its tasks, the Office uses initiatives and experience of public authorities, initiatives from the public and knowledge of public institutions, scientific institutions, research work places and professional organizations, which are involved in work concerning the conception and legislative questions.
3. The Office carries out the duties:
o towards / concerning the State budget,
o by administration of the State property,
o in sector of control activities,
o in the area of defense and by creating the conditions for realization of requirements on defense and security preparation
o in sector of protection of classified documents,
o in sector of international relations including the European integration,
o in the area of development of unique information system,
o of guarantor of construction and complete finishing of the Slovak Cyclotron Centre
o of founder of legal persons according to the special regulations on carrying out the duties within its competence.
4. The detailed description of the tasks from the Art. 3 and 4 paragraph 1 is defined in Organizational Rules, issued by the president of the Office.
Article 5 Principles of the administration
1. While performing its tasks, the Office follows the Slovak Constitution, Constitutional Acts and other general binding legal regulations, international treaties by which Slovak Republic is engaged, the Slovak Republic Government Plan of Legislative Tasks, Slovak Republic Government Resolutions, agreements concluded by ministries and other state administration bodies, the Statute, Organizational Rules of the Office, the internal organizational and administration Acts of the Office.
2. The rights and duties of the employees established by the Act on Civil Service, Act on Public Service and Working Code, are minutely described in Work Regulation of the Office.
3. In its activities, the Office uses/applies organizational principles, forms and methods of the work, which lead to the rise-up of its efficiency by using organization and IT tools and forms of the team work.
4. To ensure the fulfillment of necessary tasks, president of the Office is allowed to create permanent or temporary advisory units. These advisory units discuss important questions concerning activities of the Office. Their activity is determined by the Statute approved by the president.
Article 6 Organization and organizational chart of the SOSMT
1. Due to the organizational structure, the Office is divided into these units: President, Vice – President, Head of the Civil Service Office, Personnel Office and departments
2. The head of the Office is president nominated and dismissed by the Government of the Slovak Republic.
3. In case of President’s absence, he is substituted by the vice-president within the authorization from the president.
4. Vice-president of the Office is nominated and dismissed by the Government of the Slovak Republic.
5. The tasks related to the civil service relations and to organization of activities of the Office are carried out by the Head of Civil Service Office
6. The Head of the Civil Service Office is nominated and dismissed by the chairman of the Office for the Civil Service.
7. Personnel Office ensures the compliance of the tasks following from Civil Service relations and other legal relations of the employees.
8. Departments are the basic organizational level of management, decision and holder of the tasks according to the defined areas of professional activities.
9. Personnel Office and each department is leaded by an Executive Officer, who is nominated by the Head of the Civil Service Office.
10. The internal organizational chart, extent of the competence, mutual relations of organizational units, extent of rights and responsibilities of the managing employees are defined by the Organizational Rules of the Office.
Article 7 Final provisions
1. The Statute of the Slovak Office of Standards, Metrology and Testing from the 4th August is cancelled.
2. This Statute was approved by the Slovak Government Resolution No. 915 from the 21st August 2002 and becomes valid and effective on the day of its ratification.