Act No. 142/2000 Coll. on metrology
and on change and amendment of some Acts as amended
(1) Authorization under this Act means granting the license to the entrepreneur or to other legal entity to perform the verification of legally controlled measuring instruments or to carry out official measurements. The Office grants the authorization on the basis of written application of the entrepreneur or of other legal entity.
(2) Office shall authorize an entrepreneur or other legal entity
- that disposes with technical equipment and room conditions suitable for activity being the subject of the authorization,
- the traceability of the standards and measuring instruments he uses is provable assured,
- that employs a physical person responsible for activity being the subject of the authorization; this person shall have a document on competence for the field of metrology issued by Institute under § 29 clause 2 (hereinafter referred to as “responsible representative”) or a physical person being an entrepreneur that owns himself a document on competence for the field of metrology under § 29 clause 3,
- that employs other persons having documents on their competencies for the field of metrology issued by Institute and charges them with professional activities being the subject of authorization,
- has an established and documented system of work, assuring the continuous observance of the specified working procedures when performing activity being the subject of the authorization,
- that is able to assure the impartiality of the authorized activities execution from the organizational point of view, to assure the detachment and impartiality of controls, the matter-of-factness and objectivity of the records both on the part of managers and other employees,
- that is able to assure the protection of data being subject of business secret, or data that could be misused,
- that is able to take impartial decisions related with the interests of manufacturers, repairers and other persons that could profit from a certain result,
- that took out an insurance for the case of liability for damage caused by the operation of the authorized person,
- that is not in bankruptcy, settlement proceeding, under liquidation, nor any petition for their commencements was submitted,
- that has elaborated documentation proving the fulfilment of terms for authorization under items a) to j).
(3) The fulfilment of conditions for authorization shall be examined by the Office. A part of examination is the assessment of professional prerequisites of the applicant for performance of activity being the subject of authorization, and control at the applicant’s for authorization, a part of which may be the verification of a legally controlled measuring instrument or performance of concrete measurement by the applicant. The assessment of prerequisites, control at the applicant’s and evaluation of verification of a legally controlled measuring instrument or performance of concrete measurement is carried out by the Institute or by assigned organization at the costs of the applicant for authorization. In the process of examination, the Office may take the certificate on accreditation into account.
(4) Authorization shall not be issued for verification of legally controlled measuring instruments verified in situ and used for measurements concerning the payments related directly with the consumer.
(5) Details on authorization shall be laid down by generally binding legal regulation that shall be issued by the Office.
|- List of authorized body to carry out official measurements||download (PDF, 137,1 kB)|
|- List of authorized body to perform the verification of legally controlled measuring Instruments||download (PDF, 207,6 kB)|
|- Application to authorization to perform the verification of legally controlled measuring Instruments||download (DOCX, 28,6 kB)|
|- Application to authorization to carry out official measurements||download (DOC, 65,5 kB)|
|- Methodologicla guideline of Metrology 05-12 - Authorization to perform the verification of legally controlled measuring Instruments and to carry out official measurements||download (PDF, 6,1 MB)|